As the festive season approaches, it’s important to remember to take care of your oral health as well as indulge in the celebrations.
Here are some tips for maintaining good dental care during Christmas and New Year from Woodbridge Hill Dental Practice in Guildford, Surrey:
- Don’t forget to brush and floss: It’s easy to get caught up in the festivities and forget about your daily oral hygiene routine. Make sure to brush twice a day and floss once a day to remove any food particles and prevent tooth decay.
- Watch what you eat and drink: While it’s okay to indulge in some sweets and treats during the holidays, try to balance it out with plenty of water and healthy snacks. Avoid sugary drinks, as they can increase your risk of tooth decay.
- Chew sugar-free gum: Chewing sugar-free gum after meals can help stimulate saliva production, which can help neutralize acid and rinse away food particles.
- Don’t use your teeth as tools: It can be tempting to use your teeth to open bottles or packages, but this can lead to tooth damage. Use the proper tools for the job to avoid any unnecessary dental emergencies.
- Don’t neglect your regular check-ups: It’s important to keep up with your regular dental check-ups, even during the busy holiday season. Neglecting your oral health can lead to more serious problems in the long run.
In addition to following these tips for maintaining good dental care during the festive season, it’s also a good idea to book an appointment with a our hygienist in Guildford after the holidays to give your teeth a thorough clean. A professional cleaning from a hygienist can remove any plaque or tartar buildup, leaving your teeth feeling fresh and clean. At Woodbridge Hill Dental Practice in Guildford, Surrey, our team of experienced hygienists are dedicated to helping you maintain optimal oral health. So don’t hesitate to book an appointment with us to kick off the new year with a bright, healthy smile.
We at Woodbridge Hill Dental Practice in Guildford, Surrey encourage you to book a dental check-up to ensure that your oral health is in top form as you welcome the new year. Taking care of your teeth during the holidays will not only help you maintain a healthy smile, but it will also allow you to fully enjoy all the festive celebrations.