Dental anxiety is a real issue for many people. It’s the number one reason why people avoid going to the dentist. If you’re one of those people, you’re not alone. Millions of people around the world suffer from dental anxiety. Thankfully, there are ways to ease that anxiety and make your dental visit more comfortable. This blog post will discuss dental sedation in Guildford and how it can help reduce your anxiety!
We use nitrous oxide, also known as, for our clients who experience mild to moderate dental anxiety. Nitrous oxide is a colourless gas with a sweet, slightly metallic taste and smell. It is also known as a laughing gas because it can cause mild feelings of euphoria. Nitrous oxide has been used for over 150 years in dentistry and medicine to help people relax during procedures. Nitrous oxide is a safe and effective way to help you relax during your dental practice. The gas is inhaled through a small mask placed over your nose. As a result, you will remain fully conscious and able to communicate with us throughout the procedure. Once the process is over, the nitrous oxide is quickly eliminated from your system, and you will be able to drive yourself home.
Things You Can Do Before and During Your Visit To Guildford Dentist To Make Sure Things Go Smoothly
- Please talk about your dental anxieties with us. We’re here to help you make your experience as comfortable as possible.
- Combined with our Dental Sedation Techniques, you can also do deep breathing exercises. Deep breathing exercises are a simple process of focusing on taking deep, slow breaths and counting your breaths. You will feel yourself calming down very quickly.
- Please make use of our comfortable spa-like environment; you will feel more relaxed from the moment you walk in. The facilities have been carefully designed to have a soothing effect on our clients. In addition, we offer a serenity room and complimentary aromatherapy to help you relax.
- We understand that dental anxiety is a real issue for many people. If you feel uncomfortable, we can come up with a signal during your procedure that you can signal to show you need a break for a moment.
- We take responsibility for your comfort and ease of mind by practising excellent dental techniques. For example, our dental sedation in Surrey includes the process of providing oxygen after your treatment. This is proven to be the safest and most effective way of reducing the effects of nitrous oxide.
We, Will, Walk You Through Every Procedure
It is our policy to explain every procedure before we start thoroughly. This way, you know exactly what to expect and can feel more relaxed about the entire process. We understand that every client has a different threshold for pain, and we will do our best to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. That is why we believe it is important to explain to you gently what you will feel as the procedure goes along.
We need to lessen any anxieties you might feel about your visit. Please take a look at our website to meet the team. Every member of our team is highly qualified and dedicated to the satisfaction and comfort of our clients.
We are the team you can trust when it comes to easing your dental anxiety! At our Guildford Dental Practice, we offer a variety of Dental Sedation Techniques to make sure you are as comfortable as possible. So give us a call today for any questions you might have! We look forward to meeting you!